A study on Nahum Chapter 1.
This study is based on the sermon: Is God Really Jealous?
- How familiar are the group with this book? Why do you think that is?
- What are the first thoughts you have on reading the first six verses?
- Describe what it means to be jealous?
- How is God jealous?
- Jonah had been used by God to convert the whole of Nineveh, a few hundred years later and there are few believer left. What can we learn from this as we look at our own society?
- In which ways is this chapter comforting to believers?
A study based on the Sermon : Top (Teamwork Obedience and Prayer) Christians
- Looking back at the whole book of Colossians, what are the key points?
- What can we learn about ministry from verses 7&8?
- What is Paul’s attitude to imprisonment? What might we learn from that?
- Mark’s clearly part of the team, but what can we learn about his ‘backstory’? [Acts 12.25; 13:13; 15:38-39]. How should we learn from what we see of Mark’s journey in faith and ministry?
- Verse 12 – prayer what does praying earnestly mean?
- Verse 14 – what do we know about both Demas and Luke [from further study in the NT]?
- Discuss how verse 17 might apply to us.