A study based on Misha’s sermon: Which Star Are You Following?
- What lessons can we learn from the Magi and their persistence to find Jesus. (matt 2 v 9)
- How can Simeon and Anna be an example to us today. ( Luke 3 v 25-38)
- Why is important to be constantly filled with the Holy Spirit and to be in fellowship with God and each other. (matt 25 v 1 -12)
- How can we convey the true meaning of Nativity to our unsaved loved ones and friends .
- Discuss as a group how Jesus second coming will have much in common with His first, the state of the world, Godlessness and other situations we see in the world at this time.
A study on Isaiah 60:1-6 based on the sermon Rise and Shine
- When you think of Advent, what do you think…? Discuss this as a group.
- Compare Isaiah 5:20 with Isaiah 60:2. How does that help us understand what kind of darkness is meant here?
- [This is a question that will take some time] The New Testament is scattered with talk of light and dark, turn some up (Hint: Matthew, John, Ephesians, 1 John, Revelation) and see how they relate to our reading, and talk through how they should impact the Christian life.
- How can Christ’s light shine through us, to enable others to see the truth, and what, in our lives, might be a hindrance to that?
The main issue in Sierra Leone at the moment involves the contents of the 40 foot container which arrived at Bethesda two weeks ago.
- That God will stir the hearts of folk in the Connexion to help with the massive distribution of goods.
- That Magnus, Daniel and others involved in the organisation will be given wisdom in the distribution of the shoe bags and other items.
- That transport might be available to deliver the goods to outlying villages.
- That those involved in this work will be strengthened and stay healthy throughout. That God will keep them safe on the roads.
- That the children receiving the shoe bags will also receive the love of Jesus.
- That the street children will accept the sleeping bags knowing that God loves them.
- That Christmas will be a blessed time for all our friends in the Connexional Churches.
- That Christmas will be celebrated by the children at Bethesda as a time of happiness.