A Study on Mark 4:21-34 based on the sermon The Kingdom of God
- Discuss your understanding of the reasons why Jesus began to speak in parables?
- Read vs 21-25 In this parable how do you understand the imagery of the lamp and what does this mean for Christians today?
- Why is it important for us to “consider carefully what we hear”? What are the consequences of doing or not doing this?
- Read vs 26-29 Once the seed (God’s word) has been sown, is that the end of our responsibility? If not, what else can we do to enable the seed to bear fruit?
- Read vs 30-34 Consider the size of the church when these words were spoken and how far it has spread in the following centuries.
- Discuss what you consider are the greatest threats to church growth today?
A study on Mark 4:1-20 based on the sermon Sowing the seed of love…
- Read the first two verses and discuss how you imagine the scene as Jesus is teaching;
- Read the rest of the passage. Why might people not understand the parable?
- discuss each of the 4 soil/soul types.
- How ought we apply this passage to our own lives?
- Spend some time in prayer, seeking the Lord’s leading in our life as a church and His protection, wisdom, boldness and compassion as we’re obedient to Him.
Sierra Leone has a major set of elections on March 7th this year.
The country will go to the polls and vote for new:
- District Council Chairmen.
- for this process to be honest, fair, and democratic;
- that Christians will become more prominent in the ruling positions in Sierra Leone;
- for a Christian President.