Here is a link to the sermon on this passage in case you missed it: A moral Superiority
- Who is Paul writing to here?
- Verses 1-3 ~ Why might condemning bad behaviour in others condemn me too?
- Verse 4 ~ Why doesn’t God punish unrepentant people immediately?
- Verse 5 ~ What happens, bit by bit, to the lives of those who are unrepentant?
- Verses 6-11 ~ What is the overall thrust of these verses?
If you missed the sermon, please take some time to listen before tackling the questions. You can find it here :You Have No Excuse!
- Read the passage and discuss what reactions individuals have to it?
- What does it mean that God abandons… (repeated 3 times)
- Can people who have never heard of Jesus be saved?
- Discuss how we can apply verses 28-32 to our lives.
- Looking at verses: 26 & 27.
- What does this tell us about God’s view of Same Sex relationships?
- So where does this leave people who have those attactions?
- How are we to show God’s love and still share the Gospel?
This study is based on the above passage and this Sermon
- Do you ever consider the things God wants to do in your life and the power He has to do those things? Why may we not allow God to do those things?
- For what reasons might we be ashamed of the Gospel?
- What does a life obediently lived for the sake of the Gospel look like?
- A number of awkward questions were asked in the sermon, as a group try to recall them and discuss them.
- Pray for your group and the wider church, that we will live our lives true to our calling.