If you missed the sermon, you can pick it up here.
- Verses 7-13 – What two things happen when an unbeliever comes into contact with the law?
- Does Pauls description in verses 14-25 look like a realistic description of a Christian?
- Verses 14-25. Discuss the positive things says about himself and then talk through the negative things. How can these both be true?
- Have you ever been discouraged by sin and failure? How does this chapter encourage us?
The Law & the Christian
1. In what sense are Christians “not under
law” and in what sense do we still have obligations to it?
2. Why is the idea that love is the only
command needed for those under grace inadequate and misguided?
3. If the law was impossible to keep and
actually stimulated our sinful passions, why did God institute it?
4. Can there be such a
thing as an unfruitful Christian? Include John 15: 1-8 in your discussion.
5. Paul uses marriage as a metaphor for
our relationship to God and the law. Using the marriage vows discuss how these
compare to our commitment to God.