If you missed the sermon on this passage you can pick it up here.
- What are your first thoughts on reading this account?
- Does your family background have a lasting effect on your approach to life?
- As a group: list all the positive reasons why you think God chose Jephthah and then all of the negative reasons that might have put you off from choosing him to lead?
- Talk through Jephthah’s vow. From the point of him making it, was that good or bad? Also what was the outcome?
- Where are the main areas of application for us in this passage?