If you missed Gordon’s sermon on this passage you can pick it up here.
Readings (Acts 4:32-37; 9:26-31; 11:19-30; 13:1-3; 14:8-20; 15:36-41)
- From these passages, discuss the type of person Barnabas must have been. What things stand out about Barnabas?
- What are the ways Barnabas lived up to his nickname, “son of encouragement,” and in what ways did this affect the other people in his life?
- Why is Barnabas significant in the life of Paul and subsequently in the Gentile mission?
- Although the text doesn’t go into detail, what do you think the source of disagreement was over John who was also called Mark? What does this say about Barnabas?
- List some specific ways you/we could incorporate some of the lessons we learn from Barnabas.