Here is the sermon in case you missed it: God’s Plan For Marriage and Family
- Read the passage then think of other places in the Old and New Testament where relationships play a central role.(Examples you might use in addition to those mentioned in the sermon: 1 Corinthians 7, Matthew 19, Song of Solomon, Colossians 3 etc.).
- In the light of those passages you’ve discussed, how would you answer the 2 questions posed by a) the Pharisees (v2) and b) Jesus (v3)?
- Turn to Genesis 1 v 27 (a).What was God’s plan for men and women? Is it any different today? Discuss the complexities that the world brings to this discussion.
- What is the point of marriage? Why are some of us called to be single ?(Paul offers plenty on this).What are the main challenges for Christian single people and married couples in 2018?
- The disciples had lots more questions for Jesus (v 10). We will also be faced with questions from believers/non-believers. What advice should we be giving to : a)those about to marry; b)those divorcing/divorced; c)those attracted to people of the same sex?
- Pray together using Colossians 3 v 12-18 about the body of Christ as a lead in.