Reading Hosea 1-2
- What do we know about Hosea (family, time of ministry, who was ministering at the same time, where was he etc.)?
- How do you think Hosea’s relationship with God was before his marriage, and when he was called to prophesy in the way he was what kind of thoughts and reactions might he have had?
- What does the way we live our lives show others about our relationship with God?
- Chapter 1: verse 7 – discuss the different attitudes of Israel and Judah (at least at that time)
- Chapter 1: verses 10 and 11 – what have we seen so far of this happening in our era?
- Chapter 2: verses 6 to 16 – God will often use our sin to bring us to the lowest point and back to him – why should Christians be wary of trying to ‘protect’ people in these situations?