Note to leaders: As with all studies, please don’t feel you must cover all questions, fine if you can, but rather take a few of the questions and do them justice that rush through 🙂
If you missed the sermon, you can pick it up here: The King from eternity
- Verse 1 seems at complete odds with the rest of the chapter, what is Micah pointing to (cf. 2 Kings 25?);
- Bethlehem was a tiny hamlet, what else do we know about Bethlehem from the bible? Also, why would God chose Bethlehem and not Jerusalem?
- At the end of verse 2, consider what it means: ‘whose origins are in the distant past’. How should this impact a) our understanding of who Jesus is, b) our view of creation, c) our reading of the Old Testament?
- Discuss verses 3-9, what are these verses pointing to?
- Verses 10 to 14 at first glance look like more judgement, but are they? – if not what are they about – if so how does it fit with the rest of the passage?
- Who is the last verse addressing and at which time?