If you missed the sermon, you can pick it up here.
Read through the passage and pray asking the Lord to open it up to you.
- Why does Paul ask his question in verse 15?
- What images come to mind when we think of slavery? Compare this to what you know of slavery in the first century A.D.
- Look through the passages again and pick out the various contrasts between being a slave to sin and a slave to God. Talk through each one.
- In which ways can and should we apply this passage to out lives?
If you missed the sermon on this Passage you can find it HERE
- Read from Romans 5:20 to 6:14
- Why does Paul ask the question he asks in verse 1?
- Spend some time discussing the different way Paul, in verses 1-11, contrasts Sin and death with freedom and life.
- Read verses 12-14 again (phrase by phrase) and discuss each instruction. Specifically discuss how these instruction ought to be applied to our lives.
Over the past couple of weeks we’ve had a look at two of the beatitudes found in Matthew 5:1-12; sermons can be found here:
The Be – Attitudes Part 1
Happy Are The Sad !!
- What has been going on before this ‘sermon on the mount’?
- Who is Jesus talking to and how have his words here been twisted and misconstrued by people from other faiths, atheists and even Christians?
- Take some time discussing the first two statements of Jesus about being poor in spirit and mourning, don’t rush through the discussion but try and deal with each in as much depth as possible and consider how we should apply each to our lives today.
- Spend some time seeking the Lord in Prayer for the life and work of New Connexions