A study on Micah Chapter 2
Here is the sermon if you missed it: God wouldn’t do that… Would He?
- To gather a bit of context, before taking a look through Micah 2, read through Leviticus 25: 8-34 and Exodus 20:1-17. As a group chat through those passages and clear up any queries group members might have;
- Read the first 11 verses if Micah and in the light of the Leviticus and Exodus passages, discuss:
- verses 1-2 who was Micah addressing – how could it apply to Ely in 2016?
- verses 3-5 God lays out what will happen, how come all the people are affected, even the few who have been faithful? What do group members feel about God’s response?
- verses 6-11 What was going on here? Why were the people responding that way? (cf. 2 Timothy 4:3);
- Read the last verses (12 – 13) These verses seem to be at odds with the other verses, but the do fit in both technically and theologically, can the group work out how? (don’t give too much time on this :)). Read through John chapter 10and consider what this prophecy is pointing to, both in the near future (to Micah’s time), and further on.