The sermon this week can be found here: Watch out…. FOR HIM!
- The ‘Olivet Discourse’ has been a challenging passage for the preachers – how has it been for you; i.e. have you learnt anything new, disagreed with anything you have heard? been confused or surprised by anything? Talk these things through as a group.
- Read Mark 13:21-37.
- Watching out for deception has been mentioned a lot, in which ways might we or others be deceived.
- The sermon ended with three points of application. Discuss what they were and how as a group and as a church we might help each other with these?
- In which other ways should we apply this passage?
A short study on Isaiah 9:1-7
If you missed the sermon you can pick it up at: It is written it will happen!
- Where are verses 1 and 2 quoted in the New Testament? What does this teach us about the meaning of the passage?
- What blessing is promised in verses 3-5? (Discuss the reference to Midian. cf. Judges 7)
- Who is predicted in verses 6 and 7? Explain what these verses teach about His role.
- Talk about the significance of each name used for Him [* Wonderful Counsellor –* Mighty God –* Everlasting Father –* Prince of Peace], what do they mean for Israel, for us today and in their future fulfilment?
- If you haven’t covered it in your discussions, pick up on the application for us today, this advent.