Here is the sermon, in case you missed it: Your Choice
1. Read through the ‘Good shepherd passage’ John 10: 7-18. As a group discuss the passage, unpicking the various aspects i.e. who are the sheep, who is the hired man etc. etc.
2. Sunday’s message focused on verse 10. What is this ‘rich and satisfying life’ that Jesus talks about? How might Christians be missing out on experiencing this life in the present?
3. The Gospel message is more than ‘God is Love’ – Discuss.
4. People need to hear the Gospel. A) how can we as individuals tell them? B) how as a church can we encourage and enable each other to share that Good News.
5. Spend some time in prayer thanking God for those who visited on Sunday and also praying for those individuals.
If you missed the sermon on this you can pick it up here: Puns aren’t always funny…
- Read through the chapter – what are your first impressions of the book?
- What do we know about Micah, the time he was ministering, which other prophets were about at the same time etc.
- How did God give His messages to Micah, and what did Micah do with those messages? What can we learn from this about being open to God and obedient to him?
- On Sunday, after a brief overview of the chapter, we looked at three specific questions – what were they? Take some time to discuss each of them as a group, considering why the question is important, how Micah helps us answer the questions, and how we as individuals and as a church might need to take these things more seriously in our lives (there is probably a whole study just in this question…).