Some study questions For James 4:1-10.
Here’s the sermon if you missed it… Rock Solid
- Take a few minutes as a group to remind each other about who James was, why he was writing etc.
- Verse 1: If we have any disagreements with people in our church family, how should we deal with them? – see also Matthew 18: 15-20.
- Why might we find prayer difficult?
- Why doesn’t God give some people what they ask for? (James 4:3, Isaiah 55:89, 2 Peter 3:8, Philippians 4:6-7, John 15:7).
- Verses 7-10. In the sermon we looked at three rock solid promises, what are they? Talk through each one as a group and look at how, if we take them to heart, they can empower us.
- How is the reverse logic in verses 9 and 10 true?
- What are the key applications in this passage that group members are going to take away and put into practice?