If you missed the sermon click here to find it.
- Read the passage and discuss what your initial thoughts about it are;
- Who might be our enemies – try to be as broad as possible in thinking this through;
- How do we fail in this?
- Where can we help each other live obediently in this area?
- What might be some of the outcomes of obedience to these verses?
A study on Mark 9:30-50. If you missed the sermon on Sunday you can find it here: Ready Salted Christians
- Why was Jesus going the quiet way back to Capernaum?
- Jesus had one topic in mind and the disciples another; discuss what’s going on here;
- Discuss verses 35 – 37 what are the key points Jesus is making here?
- In verse 38 John changes the subject, discuss Jesus answer and what we can learn from these verses;
- In verses 43-48 Jesus talks about radical surgery, what is the point that Jesus is making here? In what sense are we to ‘cut off a foot or a hand’ etc.
- What does verse 49 mean? Discuss.