This study is based on the above passage and you may find it helpful to listen to the accompanying sermon: Three Steps…
- Take a few minutes to recap on what has been going on since Mark 7:1.
- Discuss the healing of the blind man: what was unusual, what was similar to other healings, as well as the man being healed what was going on here?
- What do you know about Caesarea Philippi and the journey?
- Why do you think the disciples got the right answer about who Jesus is, and what was wrong about their ideas as to what that would mean for Him (and them)?
- Discuss Peter’s response to Jesus talking about the cross – what might we learn?
- There are three steps to following Jesus – discuss the difficulties we face in following them and how we can encourage, challenge and help each other along in our following Him together.