If you missed the sermon on this Passage you can find it HERE
- Read from Romans 5:20 to 6:14
- Why does Paul ask the question he asks in verse 1?
- Spend some time discussing the different way Paul, in verses 1-11, contrasts Sin and death with freedom and life.
- Read verses 12-14 again (phrase by phrase) and discuss each instruction. Specifically discuss how these instruction ought to be applied to our lives.
The sermon for this passage can be found Here
- Take time to recap on the first 2 chapters. What have been the key points thus far?
- In the sermon we picked up on three possible objections Paul raised and discussed. What were they? How did Paul answer those objections?
- Where is the application for us in this passage and what should be our response?
This study is based on the above passage and this Sermon
- Do you ever consider the things God wants to do in your life and the power He has to do those things? Why may we not allow God to do those things?
- For what reasons might we be ashamed of the Gospel?
- What does a life obediently lived for the sake of the Gospel look like?
- A number of awkward questions were asked in the sermon, as a group try to recall them and discuss them.
- Pray for your group and the wider church, that we will live our lives true to our calling.