If you missed the sermon, you can pick it up here.
Read through the passage and pray asking the Lord to open it up to you.
- Why does Paul ask his question in verse 15?
- What images come to mind when we think of slavery? Compare this to what you know of slavery in the first century A.D.
- Look through the passages again and pick out the various contrasts between being a slave to sin and a slave to God. Talk through each one.
- In which ways can and should we apply this passage to out lives?
If you missed the sermon on this Passage you can find it HERE
- Read from Romans 5:20 to 6:14
- Why does Paul ask the question he asks in verse 1?
- Spend some time discussing the different way Paul, in verses 1-11, contrasts Sin and death with freedom and life.
- Read verses 12-14 again (phrase by phrase) and discuss each instruction. Specifically discuss how these instruction ought to be applied to our lives.
This study is based on the Sermon from Sunday June 2nd
- Discuss as a group what thoughts people have about life and death.
- Why does Adam get the blame, when it was obviously Eve who took the first bite of the fruit?
- In the sermon we looked at both the doctrine of original sin and the doctrine of representation. These can be quite deep things but equally the concept is simple. As a group talk through and confusion that there might be and why they are both important.
- Look at and discuss the contrasts Paul makes between Adam and Christ.
- How ought we apply this passage to our lives in 21st century Britain?
If you missed the sermon, please take some time to listen before tackling the questions. You can find it here :You Have No Excuse!
- Read the passage and discuss what reactions individuals have to it?
- What does it mean that God abandons… (repeated 3 times)
- Can people who have never heard of Jesus be saved?
- Discuss how we can apply verses 28-32 to our lives.
- Looking at verses: 26 & 27.
- What does this tell us about God’s view of Same Sex relationships?
- So where does this leave people who have those attactions?
- How are we to show God’s love and still share the Gospel?