A study based on the sermon: Live Wisely & Speak to People About God
Reading Colossians 4:5-6
- What is wisdom?
- Where can we find wisdom?
- In the sermon we spent some time looking at what it means to fear God (Psalm 111:10); what does it mean and why is it important for us to have a proper understanding of that?
- What does it mean to make the most of every opportunity, and also what does it not mean?
- Discuss verse 6 as a group and talk through how we might practically apply to our lives here and now.
This study is based on the sermon Nothing New Here!
- Read Colossians 1:24-29; what are your first thoughts?
- Paul says he is glad to suffer and that he is participating in the sufferings of Christ [cf. 2 Corinthians 11:23-27]. Talk through what he means and how we should apply this in our lives.
- Paul is at pains to make clear that he is a servant for God. Discuss why it is important that we understand this and live it out.
- What does it mean to preach the whole gospel and how do we do it?
- God’s wisdom and strength are the key to Paul’s service – are we working, serving and living in His strength, power and wisdom? what difference does it make?