Missed the sermon? Never mind, you can pick it up here: GO!
Read Matthew 28: 11-20
- In the first 5 verses discuss how each of the characters mentioned responded to the resurrection, i.e., what did they do, what did they say and why?
- In the sermon those first 5 verses were described as what (in comparison with the last 5). Discuss as a group why it is important:
- to be aware of what the enemy wants;
- understand the enemies tactics;
- to fully understand the enemy is defeated?
- Some doubted… discuss.
- Jesus delivers his “commission” sandwiched between a statement (verse 18) and another encouraging instruction (verse 20b). discuss what difference that should make to us.
- Talk through the instruction to Go and… (verses 19 and 20a), considering as you go: what is a disciple, how do you make disciples, what is baptism and why is it important? Why in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?