Some study questions based on James 1:1-11.
Here’s the sermon if you missed it… Life has it’s troubles
- What do we know about the author of the book James and who he was writing to; what was his purpose in writing?
- Verse 2 – How can trouble be an opportunity for great joy?
- Discuss the process James lays out in verses 3&4 – how does that match your experience?
- What is the wisdom described by James in verse 5, and why do we need it?
- Verses 6 to 8 describe two approaches to prayer; describe and discuss them.
- What is the gist of verses 9 to 11?
- Where are the key applications, for us, from this passage?