If you missed the sermon you can pick it up via the sermon tab searching by book or date.
- What is your first reaction to being told what to do by someone else?
- What kind of attitudes do people have in our society when it comes to people in power over us?
- What are the reasons Paul gives as to why we should submit to governing authorities? What does it mean to submit?
- Loooking at verses 6-7. What does submission to authority look like in practice? Talk a bit too about tax…
- When is it OK to disobey those in authority over us?
- When we think about ourselves or others what is the normal way we make judgements? How should we make a proper evaluation of ourselves?
- Does everyone have ‘gifts’? Why is it important that we use the gifts we have?
- Discuss the kinds of things we might think of as gifts within the church.
- If you don’t have a certain listed gift, does that mean you don’t have to do that thing? For example, giving or encouragement or kindness. Discuss this as a group and decide why.
- As well as using our gifts to build each other up, in the sermon we discussed the need to be there for one another; be accountable to one another; look out for one another. Talk each of these through and discuss where as church we might need to ‘up our game’…
Miss the sermon? Pick it up here:https://newconnexionschurch.org.uk/sermons/you-are-the-most-amazing-gift-to-us/
If you missed the message on this passage please pick it up here
- Read Romans 10:14-21.
- What is the point being made in verses 14-18?
- How does faith come?
- Why does Israel not obey the gospel?
- Does verse 18 suggest that the gospel had been preached unto all the world by the time Paul wrote this letter?
- How might we properly apply this passage to our lives today?