A Study On Colossians 3:22-4:1
If you missed the sermon, please do pick it up here: Slaving Away For Christ!
- What do we know about slavery now and back in the time Paul was writing, and why didn’t the early church protest and try to change laws to stop slavery?
- What is the context of this passage? [ cf.There is a verse chapter 3 that Paul is ‘unpacking’].
- As a group, spend some time thinking through and discussing how we should apply this passage to our lives:
- at work;
- within church life;
- at home.
- Which groups of people might verse 4:1 apply to in our society today, and how might we spot the difference between a believer and an unbeliever in each case.
- Turn back to verse 3:25 In the sermon we didn’t have time to ‘unpack’ this – as a group discuss who Paul was addressing in this statement and what exactly was meant.