If you missed the sermon, you can pick it up here.
Read through the passage and pray asking the Lord to open it up to you.
- Why does Paul ask his question in verse 15?
- What images come to mind when we think of slavery? Compare this to what you know of slavery in the first century A.D.
- Look through the passages again and pick out the various contrasts between being a slave to sin and a slave to God. Talk through each one.
- In which ways can and should we apply this passage to out lives?
If you missed the sermon on this Passage you can find it HERE
- Read from Romans 5:20 to 6:14
- Why does Paul ask the question he asks in verse 1?
- Spend some time discussing the different way Paul, in verses 1-11, contrasts Sin and death with freedom and life.
- Read verses 12-14 again (phrase by phrase) and discuss each instruction. Specifically discuss how these instruction ought to be applied to our lives.
This study is based on the Sermon from Sunday June 2nd
- Discuss as a group what thoughts people have about life and death.
- Why does Adam get the blame, when it was obviously Eve who took the first bite of the fruit?
- In the sermon we looked at both the doctrine of original sin and the doctrine of representation. These can be quite deep things but equally the concept is simple. As a group talk through and confusion that there might be and why they are both important.
- Look at and discuss the contrasts Paul makes between Adam and Christ.
- How ought we apply this passage to our lives in 21st century Britain?