Here’s the link to the Sermon: What is the thing you can’t live without?
Reading: Amos 8
- What did the Lord show to Amos in Amos 8:1-2, what did it mean and how does those verses apply to us today?
- In Amos 8: 3-6 there is a description of the Israelites attitude to the Sabbath and other holy days.
- Discuss the difference between the Lord’s Day and the Sabbath. How should we keep the Lord’s Day?
- What was the thrust of God’s words through Amos in these verses?
- What does the Lord say in Amos 8:7?
- How does that fit in with other verses offering forgiveness?
- Which verses can you find where God promises to forgive?
- What is the Lord going to do in Amos 8:11-12? Has this happened already or is it a prophecy, yet to be fulfilled? Discuss and explain.
- Amos and some of the other Minor Prophets can be a bit challenging in places. What would we miss if we didn’t tackle the less well known parts of the bible?
- As a group consider whether there are areas of teaching which people would like to (or feel they ought to hear), [Group leaders – please feedback any comments]