This study is based on the sermon: Need an attitude adjustment?
Reading: Matthew 5:6-8
- How do you feel when the Lord reminds you through His Word, or a sermon about a need to change your attitude?
- Verse 6:
- what does it mean to hunger and thirst?
- what might cause us to lose our appetite for God, and the things of God?
- how can that be remedied?
- Verse 7:
- what is mercy?
- what is the condition on us being shown mercy?
- what if we don’t feel merciful?
- Verse 8:
- what does a pure heart look like?
- how can you have a pure heart?
- what does it mean to see God; is that a promise for now or for the future?
- Homework: ask the Lord to show you any areas in your life where there needs to be an ‘attitude adjustment’, and follow that up with a commitment to let Him do that work with you and for you.