A study based on the sermon: Go!
- Read Mark 6:1-6 Discuss the reaction of the local people to Jesus what was their first reaction and then what was their response? What can we learn from this?
- How do you think Jesus might have felt about being rejected? How did He respond?
- Read 6:7-13 Discuss the way Jesus sent the disciples out, what they had authority to do and what they were instructed to do.
- What was the result?
- Spend a good amount of time discussing what we can learn from this passage and apply to our own lives and walk with The Lord.
Study based on the sermon: Jewish Feasts Part 2 – Pentecost
Reading: Leviticus 23: 15-22
There are only a few questions here but take each one in as much depth as you can.
- What was Pentecost:
- looking back to;
- giving thanks for;
- looking ahead to?
- Why was yeast used in the bread and why were there two loaves – what do the loaves represent?
- Where is the application for us as a church in the UK in the 21st century?
- please take time to pray for each other and pick up on this terms prayer pointers below:
This term’s prayer pointers:
- Give regular thanks for answered prayer;
- Pray that The Lord will build His Church at New Connexions: spiritually, physically and numerically;
- Seek the Lord for direction as to outreach in the year ahead.