If you missed the sermon click here to find it.
- Read the passage and discuss what your initial thoughts about it are;
- Who might be our enemies – try to be as broad as possible in thinking this through;
- How do we fail in this?
- Where can we help each other live obediently in this area?
- What might be some of the outcomes of obedience to these verses?
- When we think about ourselves or others what is the normal way we make judgements? How should we make a proper evaluation of ourselves?
- Does everyone have ‘gifts’? Why is it important that we use the gifts we have?
- Discuss the kinds of things we might think of as gifts within the church.
- If you don’t have a certain listed gift, does that mean you don’t have to do that thing? For example, giving or encouragement or kindness. Discuss this as a group and decide why.
- As well as using our gifts to build each other up, in the sermon we discussed the need to be there for one another; be accountable to one another; look out for one another. Talk each of these through and discuss where as church we might need to ‘up our game’…
Miss the sermon? Pick it up here:https://newconnexionschurch.org.uk/sermons/you-are-the-most-amazing-gift-to-us/
Amaziah – not exactly wholehearted….
- Read the passage through as a group.
- If you had to describe Amaziah’s character in a sentence, what would you say?
- How does Amaziah’s reign with it’s gradual drift away from God show of the danger of a halfhearted faith?
- Read Jeremiah 17:9 and discuss.
- Talk through the application we can take from this passage.
If you missed the sermon for this study please pick it up here
- Talk through those things you know the bible says about remembering (this could take you several weeks of study 🙂 );
- The sermon referred back to Hebrews 11. Spend some time checking out some of the people mentioned and discuss what was special about them;
- In the sermon we brought out a number of areas of application. Discuss those mentioned and others you have discovered as a group.
- Spend some time in prayer for each other and the work and mission of our church.