If you missed the sermon you can find it here.
- When you think of grey areas in church life, what do you think of?
- From a biblical point of view? What makes something a grey area rather than a clear black and white issue? Here are starters: tattoos, women in ministry, gambling, bible translations. Please add a good number of your own too.
- What is important about the day we set aside for worship? i.e. what must we do on that day and what should we not do?
- Discuss judgement.
If you missed the sermon you can pick it up via the sermon tab searching by book or date.
- What is your first reaction to being told what to do by someone else?
- What kind of attitudes do people have in our society when it comes to people in power over us?
- What are the reasons Paul gives as to why we should submit to governing authorities? What does it mean to submit?
- Loooking at verses 6-7. What does submission to authority look like in practice? Talk a bit too about tax…
- When is it OK to disobey those in authority over us?
If you missed the sermon for this study please pick it up here
- Talk through those things you know the bible says about remembering (this could take you several weeks of study 🙂 );
- The sermon referred back to Hebrews 11. Spend some time checking out some of the people mentioned and discuss what was special about them;
- In the sermon we brought out a number of areas of application. Discuss those mentioned and others you have discovered as a group.
- Spend some time in prayer for each other and the work and mission of our church.