If you missed the sermon you can find it here.
- When you think of grey areas in church life, what do you think of?
- From a biblical point of view? What makes something a grey area rather than a clear black and white issue? Here are starters: tattoos, women in ministry, gambling, bible translations. Please add a good number of your own too.
- What is important about the day we set aside for worship? i.e. what must we do on that day and what should we not do?
- Discuss judgement.
If you missed the sermon click here to find it.
- Read the passage and discuss what your initial thoughts about it are;
- Who might be our enemies – try to be as broad as possible in thinking this through;
- How do we fail in this?
- Where can we help each other live obediently in this area?
- What might be some of the outcomes of obedience to these verses?
- When we think about ourselves or others what is the normal way we make judgements? How should we make a proper evaluation of ourselves?
- Does everyone have ‘gifts’? Why is it important that we use the gifts we have?
- Discuss the kinds of things we might think of as gifts within the church.
- If you don’t have a certain listed gift, does that mean you don’t have to do that thing? For example, giving or encouragement or kindness. Discuss this as a group and decide why.
- As well as using our gifts to build each other up, in the sermon we discussed the need to be there for one another; be accountable to one another; look out for one another. Talk each of these through and discuss where as church we might need to ‘up our game’…
Miss the sermon? Pick it up here:http://newconnexionschurch.org.uk/sermons/you-are-the-most-amazing-gift-to-us/