If you’ve not picked up the sermon on this passage yet, you can find it here – UP AGAINST IT!
We’re looking at Acts 4: 1-22.
- When did this account happen? As a group sketch out a rough timeline between ‘Good Friday’ and this account.
- What do we know about the characters mentioned in this description.
- Can we learn anything about how the authorities were dealing with the resurrection of Jesus, and how they were explaining it?
- Discuss healing. Does God always heal, never heal or sometimes heal today, and why does He do it, or not…?
- There were a lot of brief points thrown out in the sermon, which were considered helps for us today. Can you recall any? Or list a number of your own as a group?
- After discussion, spend some time in prayer focussing on the persecuted church, and our own situation as people called to be “Salt & Light”