- How do you feel about the seeming choice of endings shown in most English Bibles?
- What do you feel was the main thrust of theses verses (you can disagree with the preacher! – Just discuss why if you do)?
- As a group, as you move through this passage, try and explain to each other what each of the scenes looks like, how individuals might feel etc.
- What questions do you have about what was going on? As a group try and answer those questions from the bible.
- Why was Jesus so concerned about the disciples’ lack of trust… How might we find ourselves lacking in trust, and what is the effect?
This week’s study is based on the sermon Might you be suffering from IF…itis? and Mark 9:1-29.
- What was going on before the “Jesus went on to say” in verse1?
- What did it mean Jesus was transformed? What was the point of it?
- Moses and Elijah turn up… Why?
- What’s with the talking cloud?
- What was the problem with the boy in verse 17?
- Would the boy have been free of the demon if these disciples had prayed about it?
- What’s the only way to never be disappointed in yourself?
A study on Nahum Chapter 1.
This study is based on the sermon: Is God Really Jealous?
- How familiar are the group with this book? Why do you think that is?
- What are the first thoughts you have on reading the first six verses?
- Describe what it means to be jealous?
- How is God jealous?
- Jonah had been used by God to convert the whole of Nineveh, a few hundred years later and there are few believer left. What can we learn from this as we look at our own society?
- In which ways is this chapter comforting to believers?
This study is based on the sermon What you see is what you get!
- Before reading the passage share with each other how you would answer someone who asks ‘who is Jesus Christ, and why should I be bothered?’
- Reading: Colossians 1:15-20
This passage is full of incredible and sometimes complex statements which we unpacked in the sermon.
- As a group take each phrase and carefully discuss what it says about the person and work of Christ
- What difference does having a right understanding of who He is make to us as individuals today.