Study based on the sermon: Jewish Feasts part 1
Reading: Leviticus 23:1-14
- What does it mean to keep the Sabbath? How might we either be too legalistic or too liberal in this?
- Are these feasts in Leviticus 23 really relevant to us today? If so how, and why don’t we celebrate them within the modern church?
- As a group discuss each of the first three feasts; how are they a reminder of past things and in which ways do they speak of things that were to come.
- In the sermon we looked at the dates of Passover, preparation, selecting the sacrifice etc. and how the prophecies of Daniel 9, Psalm 118 and Zechariah 9, Luke 11:29 form part of the picture. Discuss how all of this fits together in God’s plan, how tradition has confused things and what this might teach us about the importance of studying the whole of scripture.
- Please use the points below to guide you in a time of prayer.
This term’s prayer pointers:
- Give regular thanks for answered prayer;
- Pray that The Lord will build His Church at New Connexions: spiritually, physically and numerically;
- Seek the Lord for direction as to outreach in the year ahead.