If you missed the sermon on this passage you can pick it up here
- Before reading through the passage discuss what you know about Gideon.
- Read the passage.
- Who were the Midianites and the Amalekites, and why did they come to the valley of Jezreel?
- What is surprising about Gideon’s decision to ‘put out the fleece’?
- What is surprising about God’s response?
Here is the sermon, in case you missed it: Your Choice
1. Read through the ‘Good shepherd passage’ John 10: 7-18. As a group discuss the passage, unpicking the various aspects i.e. who are the sheep, who is the hired man etc. etc.
2. Sunday’s message focused on verse 10. What is this ‘rich and satisfying life’ that Jesus talks about? How might Christians be missing out on experiencing this life in the present?
3. The Gospel message is more than ‘God is Love’ – Discuss.
4. People need to hear the Gospel. A) how can we as individuals tell them? B) how as a church can we encourage and enable each other to share that Good News.
5. Spend some time in prayer thanking God for those who visited on Sunday and also praying for those individuals.
This study is based on the sermon: Two Ordinary People
- Passover is an important part of the Jewish year – in which ways is it a reminder of history and how is it also prophetic;
- In the sermon we looked at Mary’s ‘act of worship’ we had three headings to consider, what were they? Talk them through as a group. In which ways do these challenge you?
- In the sermon we also looked at Judas’s ‘act of betrayal’. How could the other disciples not have known?
- Judas could have repented even after the accusation in verse 18. Discuss…
- Judas’ act was foreknown and even foreordained (cf. Psalm 41:9). Nevertheless, Judas was responsible for his decisions. Discuss.
This study is based on Mark 13:13-20 and the sermon: LOOK UP!
Questions set by Misha.
1. Discuss the relevance of studying the OT in significance of Jesus first and second coming, and Gods purpose for Israel.
2. As believers today how important is it to weigh all scripture and prophecy in a balanced fashion…?
3. What is important to us as a church as we face an increase in persecution and being more marginalised as the Lord’s return draws nearer.
4.if time permits take time to pray for Jewish people as they come to the time of the autumn festivals that they will come to know Jesus (Yeshua)as their true Messiah.