If you missed the sermon you can find it here.
- When you think of grey areas in church life, what do you think of?
- From a biblical point of view? What makes something a grey area rather than a clear black and white issue? Here are starters: tattoos, women in ministry, gambling, bible translations. Please add a good number of your own too.
- What is important about the day we set aside for worship? i.e. what must we do on that day and what should we not do?
- Discuss judgement.
If you missed the sermon you can pick it up via the sermon tab searching by book or date.
- What is your first reaction to being told what to do by someone else?
- What kind of attitudes do people have in our society when it comes to people in power over us?
- What are the reasons Paul gives as to why we should submit to governing authorities? What does it mean to submit?
- Loooking at verses 6-7. What does submission to authority look like in practice? Talk a bit too about tax…
- When is it OK to disobey those in authority over us?
If you missed the sermon click here to find it.
- Read the passage and discuss what your initial thoughts about it are;
- Who might be our enemies – try to be as broad as possible in thinking this through;
- How do we fail in this?
- Where can we help each other live obediently in this area?
- What might be some of the outcomes of obedience to these verses?